Vancouver Driving School Inc. Policies
COVID-19 Restrictions and Responsibilities
The following restrictions and responsibilities shall apply to the students and the managements.
- At this time, Vancouver Driving School requests that all students and employees continue to wear a face mask for the duration of the lesson and sanitize the wheel before and after lessons.
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19, including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, must isolate at home for a minimum of 10 days.
- Anyone under the direction of the Provincial Health Officer to self-isolate must follow those instructions.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada or has been in contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
- Note: Students must have face masks. Without a face mask, no road test/driving lesson will be given, and there will be no refund for that lesson or road test.
- Students must be dressed appropriately, and MUST always bring their Learner’s License.
- NO passenger is allowed in the car during the lesson unless authorized by the instructor ahead of time.
- Standby road tests will be charged the same as the above packages, accompanied with an additional $85.00/hr* after the initial waiting time of 1 hour.
- If the student decides to use their own car, there will be a $100* fee to have the road test booked by the school.
- To cancel or re-book your appointment for the road test, please contact us 72 hours prior to the road test.
- Students who do not cancel their lesson 24hr prior to the scheduled lesson time will not be refunded the fee for the cancelled lesson. If the fee was not paid in advance, the student will be required to pay for the missed lesson at the time of the following lesson.
- The student is responsible for the cancellation fee ($25.00) if they fail to inform us 72hr prior to the road test. The student must also notify their instructor.
- For road tests, all students must bring in 2 pieces of valid government-issued identification (e.g. Passport, birth certificate, PR card, etc.) and their driving license.
- Any remaining fees owed to the driving school MUST be paid prior to the road test.
- The student must bring sufficient funds to pay for the ICBC road test. It costs approximately $35.00 for the class 7 license and $50.00 for class 5 license. Another $75 is needed for the license fee when the student passes the test.
- There are no refunds for any lessons taken.
Twenty-four hours cancellation notice is required. Any cancellation notices less than 24 hours from the date and time of your appointment will require a $60.00 fee if it’s a one-hour session and $90.00 for the one-and-a-half-hour session. Same-day or last-minute cancellations will be charged full lesson price.
*All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Revised Date: June. 24, 2022