Vancouver Driving School Inc. Policies
COVID-19 Restrictions and Responsibilities
The following restrictions and responsibilities shall apply to the students and the managements.
- Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, must isolate at home for a minimum of 10 days.
- Anyone under the direction of the Provincial Health Officer to self-isolate must follow those instructions.
- Anyone who has arrived from outside of Canada, or who is a contact of a confirmed COVID-19 case, to self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.
- Note: Students must have face-masks and gloves with them. Without face mask no road test/driving lesson will be give and there will be no refund for that lesson or road test.
- Student must be dressed appropriately, and MUST always bring their Learner’s License.
- NO passenger is allowed in the car during the lesson, unless authorized by the instructor.
- There will be a fee of $70.00*/hr charged at the end of the lesson within Vancouver (incl. 55 mins driving & 5 mins review).
- There will be a fee of $75.00*/hr charged for lessons taken outside of Vancouver. Lessons must be a minimum of 2 hours.
- School Packages: 10hr/$665*, 6hr + Road Test/$529*, 15hr + Road Test/$1129*, 21h + Road Test/$1529*.
- Road test fee within Vancouver $140*, Burnaby $150*, Richmond $150*, North Vancouver. $175*, Surrey $185*, Coquitlam $185*, Langley $210* (incl. 1hr warmup + car for road test.
- Standby road tests will be charged the same as the above packages, accompanied with an additional $70.00/hr* after the initial waiting time of 1 hour.
- If the student decides to use their own car, there will be a $50* fee to have the road test booked by the school.
- To cancel or re-book your appointment for the road test, please contact us 72 hours prior to the road test.
- Students who do not cancel their lesson 24hr prior to the scheduled lesson time will not be refunded the fee for the cancelled lesson. If the fee was not paid in advance, the student will be required to pay on the next lesson.
- The student is responsible for the cancellation fee ($25.00) if they fail to inform 72hr prior to the road test, and they must inform his/her instructor.
- For road tests, all students must bring in 2 pieces of valid government issued identification along with his/her driving license (e.g. Passport, birth certificate, PR card etc.).
- Any remaining fees owed to the driving school MUST be paid prior to the road test.
- He/She must bring sufficient funds to pay for the ICBC road test. It costs approximately $35.00 for the class 7 license and $50.00 for class 5 license. When the student has passed, they should have another $75.00 to pay the licence fee.
- There are no refunds for any taken lessons.
*All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Revised Date: Jun. 17, 2020