Vancouver Driving School Policies
- Students must be dressed appropriately at the time of the lesson.
- Each driving lesson will have a minimum of 55 minutes practice time and a 5 minute review.
- Scheduling is done by the office via phone, text, or email and not directly with the instructors.
- Students MUST always bring their license (7L, 7N, 5, etc.). Lessons where the license is not brought will not be refunded and will incur a cancellation fee.
- There will be a maximum of 3 people (1 observing) in a Vancouver Driving School INC. vehicle during the student’s lesson time.
- For road tests, all students must bring in 2 pieces of valid government-issued identification (e.g. passport, birth certificate, PR card, work/study permit etc.) and their driving license.
- Students who cancel their lesson under 36 hours from the scheduled lesson time will not be refunded the cost of the cancelled lesson. If the fee was not paid in advance, the student will be required to pay for the missed lesson at the time of the following lesson.
- Any remaining fees owed to Vancouver Driving School MUST be paid prior to the road test. If the students fails to do so 48 hours prior to the scheduled test date and time, the scheduled slot will be removed and cancelled.
- The student must bring sufficient funds to pay for the ICBC road test and other costs associated with it. It costs approximately $35.00 for a Class 7 Licensing Test and $50.00 for Class 5 Licensing Test. Another $75.00 is required by ICBC for the licensing fee for when the student passes the road test
- There are NO refunds for any lessons taken
- Lessons MUST be cancelled 36 hours prior to the agreed and scheduled time in order to avoid any cancellation fees that may be incurred if a student requests to reschedule their cancelled or missed lessons
- Students that cancel their lesson within 36 hours prior to the scheduled and mutually agreed lesson time will not be refunded the fee for the cancelled lesson
- 1 hour lessons that are cancelled under 36 hours from the scheduled lesson time incur a $60.00 + 5% tax cancellation fee.
- 1.5 hour lessons that are cancelled under 36 hours from the scheduled lesson time incur a $90.00 + 5% tax cancellation fee.
- Same-day cancellations incur a fee that totals to the full cost of a lesson.
- Lessons which do not have a cancellation fee paid are considered to be forfeited and will NOT be rescheduled until the fee is paid.
- Road tests that are rescheduled or cancelled under 72 hours’ notice incur a fee of $180.00 + 5% tax if the test was scheduled in Vancouver.
- Road tests that are rescheduled or cancelled under 72 hours’ notice incur a fee of $200.00 + 5% tax if the test was scheduled in Burnaby or North Vancouver.
- To cancel or re-book your appointment for a road test, please contact us 72 hours prior to the scheduled test date. Additionally, the student must also cancel the test date via the ICBC scheduling portal in order to prevent being charged $25.00 from ICBC. The student must also notify their instructor of the cancellation
- The student is responsible for the cancellation fee $25.00 charged by ICBC.
*All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Revised Date: March 26, 2023